Mod issues with MoreClothing, can't figure it out (1 Viewer)

tranat1

Potential Patron
I've tried adding https://www.undertow.club/downloads/school-outfits-pack.5698/ [School Outfits Pack Mod] to moreclothing, after testing most clothes work except the vests and long shorts. Every other shirt type works fine except the long ones, and the vests don't show up at all in the menu. Note that i am a newbie and this is my first time tinkering with mods this much, hopefully someone here can help me solve this. i HAVE indeed looked at the more clothing thread but i still can't figure it out.

First things first, the vests.
I'm receiving these error messages when booting up SDP.
Screenshot_13.png

This is my moreclothing file where the vests are placed.
Screenshot_7.png

I've checked many times that the vests are actually in Overtops folder, and they are. Path doesn't seem to be an issue. In the first picture it says the vests need 'CostumeOverTop', but i have it selected in the text file. I have no idea what 'unused:CostumeArmwear CostumeBottoms CostumeTop' means and what i should do with it.

Thats pretty much regarding the vests. Any suggestions are very welcome. Now onto the long shirts problem.

This is how my long shirts load. They load without the sleeves. Every long shirt loads sleeveless, while others are fine.
Screenshot_9.png

This is how it looks like in code. Shirts with 'L' are long.
Screenshot_8.png

That's all. I apologise if this issue was already posted before, i couldn't find any this specific. I've tested this for days now and can't get these two issues fixed. Thanks and have a great day!

RokPhenix

Content Creator
Welcome and congrat for your first post.
Don't feel guilty, the game and Moreclothing are very complex and need time for understand.
In your first picture,in the loading queue of MoreClothing, several messages appear.
In your 2nd picture, your syntax is :

MC settings:
Vest A.swf=Vest A : CostumeOvertop

Basicaly this syntax ask the loading queue to import only CostumeOvertop in the target file Vest A.swf.
But the file Vest A.swf didn't contain a CostumeOvertop.
your mistake is assuming the file Vest A.swf contain a CostumeOvertop.
It's why you get the red message in your first picture. "needs CostumeOvertop"
White messages in your first picture indicate what modtype is contained in the file.
Just try to import indicated modtypes and your issue will be solve.
If you want to know what motypes your file contains before loading your queue entries, I highly recommand you to read this.
If your goal is to convert your vest into a overtop you need to add +converttoptoovertop at the end of your line like this :
exemple:
modCostumeTop.swf=nameOfMod+converttoptoovertop
or
modCostumeTop.swf=nameOfMod:modtype+converttoptoovertop

If you try to import all modtypes within a file, just use the option +autoconsolidate.
exemple:
yourMod.swf=nameOfMod+autoconsolidate

For you second issue, it's a very similar mistake.
you import one modtype but it's just a element of a set.

in a nutshell, your big mistake is try to load mods without identify their modtypes before.
Hope this comment help you.

Last edited:

tranat1

Potential Patron
Welcome and congrat for your first post.
Don't feel guilty, the game and Moreclothing are very complex and need time for understand.
In your first picture,in the loading queue of MoreClothing, several messages appear.
In your 2nd picture, your syntax is :

MC settings:
Vest A.swf=Vest A : CostumeOvertop

Basicaly this syntax ask the loading queue to import only CostumeOvertop in the target file Vest A.swf.
But the file Vest A.swf didn't contain a CostumeOvertop.
your mistake is assuming the file Vest A.swf contain a CostumeOvertop.
It's why you get the red message in your first picture. "needs CostumeOvertop"
White messages in your first picture indicate what modtype is contained in the file.
Just try to import indicated modtypes and your issue will be solve.
If you want to know what motypes your file contains before loading your queue entries, I highly recommand you to read this.
If your goal is to convert your vest into a overtop you need to add +converttoptoovertop at the end of your line like this :
exemple:
modCostumeTop.swf=nameOfMod+converttoptoovertop
or
modCostumeTop.swf=nameOfMod:modtype+converttoptoovertop

If you try to import all modtypes within a file, just use the option +autoconsolidate.
exemple:
yourMod.swf=nameOfMod+autoconsolidate.

For you second issue, it's a very similar mistake.
you import one modtype but it's just a element of a set.

in a nutshell, your big mistake is try to load mods without identify their modtypes before.
Hope this comment help you.

Alright your reply was a huge help for me, i've managed to fix the problems.

Although i am not sure if there is a better syntax, i've tried this and it worked. If it works, don't touch it, right? lol
Screenshot_7.png

Yeah, my issue was that i assumed that the vests are already OverTops, i didn't think i have to convert them. I've solved the shirt sleeves problem the same way, by just autoconsolidating. Is there any point of typing the modtypes instead of just autoconsolidating everything everytime?

Also, i could barely figure out the syntaxes because i don't use a dedicated code editor, i use a freakin notepad lol.

Anyways, thanks for the help mate.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i am actually surprised the combination of +autoconsolidate and +convert work together as intended, because I totally didn't test that when i added the consolidate feature xD

RokPhenix

Content Creator
Why not autoconsolidating everything everytime ?
Simple answer :
Autoconsolidating is a feature designed to simplify and automate file import.
Like all things with this design, aka simplify and automate it's usefull for the majority of users.
But expert users want more control and precision for their users experience.
It's the same thing why some people use Windows and some Linux.

With Autoconsolidating you lost a important functionnality of Moreclothing : imports and mixed few mods for the scene.
In term of results, Autoconsolidating is like use the button Load, so why use Moreclothing, just use the button.
Exemple : I use Ayaka Kamisato and want she wears Junko Enoshima's Outfit.
If you use Autoconsolidating every lines in your settings like a brainless user, the scene must be unexpected.

You should read the tutorial i linked in the first answers till the end and you will understand the weakness of this feature.
Something you can't do with Autoconsolidating.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
it is a possibility that auto consolidate could be the default if nothing is specified, however the current default is that all of the clothing entries are added on their corresponding menus. info copied from the moreclothing settings file:
Code:
;If no modtypes are given, all possible pieces are added.         example to add all pieces in the file 'Fusion.swf'                                            -->        Fusion.swf=Fusion
;You can choose specific modtypes to be added to the menus,     exmple on how to add the tops and bottom of 'Fusion.swf'                                    -->        Fusion.swf=Fusion:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms
;To mount a modtype on a different modtype menu, use the '>' symbol after the modtype. example to put the bottoms of the fusion costume on the tops menu      -->    Fusion.swf=Fusion:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop
;There are additional Body menus you can redirect clothing to, they are 'Body2' and 'Body 3'                                                                -->        Fusion.swf=Fusion:CostumeBottoms>Body3
;Multiple pieces can be put in the same menu to package them together. Example to put the footwear, top, and bottoms of the fusion mod on the top menu          -->    Fusion.swf=Fusion:CostumeTop:CostumeBottoms>CostumeTop:CostumeFootwear>CostumeTop

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.