Black Desert Online armor/costume mods (1 Viewer)

dinmor

Casual Client
Quick question! Loving your work so far, btw. Um, where are you getting the full durability versions of Venslar Valkyrie's costume. Specifically the filename --> 431918749.dds. When I go into Resop's original-->DXT1 folder, my 431918749.dds file is the low durability version. Any idea of the difference? Kinda new to modding and wanting to try my own!
What I'm wondering is (I have no knowledge of modding at all, or any programming languages other than 7 year old html & css) is, how do you actually access the files which contains the various textures? (or folder if that is the case). I would love to try edit something myself, but have literally no idea where to start finding files etc. Would love some very short fast basic steps, if u'd have the time to put some down.

eyenight

Content Creator
I put this idea to the test with my existing mods loaded up and I can't really agree with your suggestion that the low durability armor has bigger mesh. Where skin was poking through the material in the full durability armor, it was still poking through with the low durability one.
It's not really a surprise since you can put the files side by side in your image editor and see that they start from the same drawing, just the low durability version has parts cut out.

However, the abropo mod will certainly allow for Tamer costume modding that couldn't be done before, but some of the armors are suffering from the problem of skin poking through which will probably mean mods with partly exposed boobs regardless of whether or not you wanted that. Of course for anyone wanting nude or mostly nude Tamers, this won't be an issue.
I think I found a way to only cut some armors and leave the other armors, but I'm still testing it now.

For example if you want to change the upperbody, you need to change the line:
<BasicCutType Name="Upperbody"> </BasicCutType>
to:
<CutType Name="Upperbody"> </CutType>

Then you need to remove all lines inside it and change it to all upperbody pac files for all class. For example for warrior:
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_00_ub_0004.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_00_ub_0004_dm.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_km_ub_0016_dm.pac</File>

After that you only need to remove the lines you need, for example if I want to only remove the upperbody cut on fish suit, I only need to remove this line:
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_10_ub_0003_dm_w.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_10_ub_0003_w.pac</File>

You maybe need to remove other parts than upperbody too, like lowerbody.

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I think I found a way to only cut some armors and leave the other armors, but I'm still testing it now.

For example if you want to change the upperbody, you need to change the line:
<BasicCutType Name="Upperbody"> </BasicCutType>
to:
<CutType Name="Upperbody"> </CutType>

Then you need to remove all lines inside it and change it to all upperbody pac files for all class. For example for warrior:
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_00_ub_0004.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_00_ub_0004_dm.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_km_ub_0016_dm.pac</File>

After that you only need to remove the lines you need, for example if I want to only remove the upperbody cut on fish suit, I only need to remove this line:
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_10_ub_0003_dm_w.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/1_phm/armor/9_upperbody/phm_10_ub_0003_w.pac</File>

You maybe need to remove other parts than upperbody too, like lowerbody.

I'd like to try this on some of my mods but I'm not experienced in coding. Would you be able to pm me a basic guide please?
It's hard to know in advance how successful this can be. A lot of modding is completely impossible using original clipped basebody since there is so little skin mesh under the clothing. So even changing upper/lower parts can mean you're just going back to not being able to make a useful mod. The skin mesh might not be poking through anymore, but neither can you make any kind of mod.

So here's a thought....
We know that clothing must scale to some extent to fit different shapes of body made at character creation, if not there would always be people running round with skin mesh poking through their costume/armor.
Therefore there must be ways to control that scaling. Would it be possible to force the game to increase the scaling slightly on all clothing when using the Abropo mod system?

eyenight

Content Creator
I'd like to try this on some of my mods but I'm not experienced in coding. Would you be able to pm me a basic guide please?
It's hard to know in advance how successful this can be. A lot of modding is completely impossible using original clipped basebody since there is so little skin mesh under the clothing. So even changing upper/lower parts can mean you're just going back to not being able to make a useful mod. The skin mesh might not be poking through anymore, but neither can you make any kind of mod.

So here's a thought....
We know that clothing must scale to some extent to fit different shapes of body made at character creation, if not there would always be people running round with skin mesh poking through their costume/armor.
Therefore there must be ways to control that scaling. Would it be possible to force the game to increase the scaling slightly on all clothing when using the Abropo mod system?
I don't know about the scale, but from what I saw in the xml, the game will cut anything inside Relation. My English isn't really good but I'll try to explain. If you see the xml code, there are:
-BasicCutType: Here's where you define folders.
-CutType: Here's where you define pac files.
-Relation: Here's where you define how to cut files.

For example:
<BasicCutType Name="PEW_Upperbody">
<Path>1_Pc/3_PEW/Armor/9_Upperbody</Path>
</BasicCutType>
It will includes anything inside 1_Pc/3_PEW/Armor/9_Upperbody (Ranger's Upperbody files).

But if you change it to:
<CutType Name="PEW_Upperbody">
<File>1_pc/3_pew/armor/9_upperbody/pew_00_ub_0001.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/3_pew/armor/9_upperbody/pew_00_ub_0004.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/3_pew/armor/9_upperbody/pew_00_ub_0004_dm.pac</File>
</CutType>
It will only includes those 3 files, the body will be poking the rest of the armors.

And this is how cut works:
<Relation CutType="PEW_Upperbody">
<Cut>Nude</Cut>
<Cut>Underwear</Cut>
<Cut>Lowerbody</Cut>
</Relation>
Anything you defined on PEW_Upperbody will cut anything you defined on Nude, Underwear, and Lowerbody if they overlaps each other. So if you remove the textures of files inside PEW_Upperbody category, there will be holes on those 3 categories.

You can look in my customized xml. It's not done yet because there are a lot of pac files. But I believe I changed most of upperbody and lowerbody folder to files. On that file I only remove cuts on profession clothes, ghillie, fish, riding, and desert. You can see that I put comments (<!--comment-->) to disable it, you can just remove it instead. I prefer to just disable it so I can enable it again when needed.

For example if you want to mod the upperbody of default/starter armor on tamer, you just need to delete or put comment on these lines:
<File>1_pc/5_pbw/armor/9_upperbody/pbw_02_ub_0001.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/5_pbw/armor/9_upperbody/pbw_02_ub_0001_dm.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/5_pbw/armor/9_upperbody/pbw_02_ub_0001_s.pac</File>
<File>1_pc/5_pbw/armor/9_upperbody/pbw_02_ub_0001_s_dm.pac</File>

Ah yeah, my xml is based on JP client, but I hope it works on yours, or you can try to use only the lines you need.

Attachments

partcutdesc.rar
10.2 KB · Views: 273

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've started working with Abropo's armor mod method.
My first package of mods is for the Sorceress, which you can get here:
BDO Sorceress Armor/Costume Mods
If you don't have the necessary nude basebody textures, I've also uploaded a package for them here:
BDO Basebody Nudes
There are some issues with skin poking through the clothing using Abropo's armor method, so you can expect some imperfections in the modded costumes/armors as well as others.
Hopefully these issues will be overcome later on, hopefully without need to actually change the mods package.
Later versions will include more armors and costumes as they appear.
I'll be doing mod packages for other classes too.

Heinz Boesel

Vivacious Visitor
If you don't have the necessary nude basebody textures, I've also uploaded a package for them here:
BDO Basebody Nudes
There are some issues with skin poking through the clothing using Abropo's armor method, so you can expect some imperfections in the modded costumes/armors as well as others.
Hopefully these issues will be overcome later on, hopefully without need to actually change the mods package.

wow, there are some very nice armors inside :)

would you maybe consider adding a textfile or something to the download, with an explanation which file is for which corresponfing armor... because I don't want all armors to be replaced (not cash shop e.g.), so everybody can easier figure out which are the correct files?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
wow, there are some very nice armors inside :)

would you maybe consider adding a textfile or something to the download, with an explanation which file is for which corresponfing armor... because I don't want all armors to be replaced (not cash shop e.g.), so everybody can easier figure out which are the correct files?

I can see why you've asked for this and hopefully at some point I'll get the time to do it.
It's not straightforward since modding each costume/armor can involve 3 or 4 different texture files and some files overlap between different armors, so it would be easy to write it down incorrectly and miss something.
What might be quicker and less likely to go wrong is if I make the cash shop costumes available separately as well as in the package.

Deleted member 25377

Potential Patron
Yes :3 finally.

8vjKnyt.jpg

agrus77

Potential Patron
BDO Basebody Nudes

Good afternoon, is there any way to use the sorceress armor like you did with the ranger one using the multiplemodeldesc damaged armor trick? Thank you, .
I have found that if I use that trick the clothes are damaged with neither pants nor underwear.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Good afternoon, is there any way to use the sorceress armor like you did with the ranger one using the multiplemodeldesc damaged armor trick? Thank you, .
I have found that if I use that trick the clothes are damaged with neither pants nor underwear.

It would be possible to copy the mods to the low durability versions, but unfortunately using the damaged armor mod system doesn't give you a fully textured basebody in all cases which means some of the mods will show holes in the skin mesh where they've been modded.
However, if your concern is about pants/underwear, using my mods as I intended is going to remove them anyways.

agrus77

Potential Patron
It would be possible to copy the mods to the low durability versions, but unfortunately using the damaged armor mod system doesn't give you a fully textured basebody in all cases which means some of the mods will show holes in the skin mesh where they've been modded.
However, if your concern is about pants/underwear, using my mods as I intended is going to remove them anyways.
Thank you for the answer, that wasnt my concern, the problem is that using that new method of Abropo the armors that havent been modificed they suffer some texture issues or the meshes don't fit with the armor ( when you move your character with no modified armor you can see the boobs moving but no the clothes)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
What would be the most straight-forward way to "remove" the leggings from the Silver-Embroidered Alchemist's Clothes? Is it possible to do as a "cut" without having the model pop through everywhere? Or would I be better off extracting the texture maps and try "painting" the skin on?

I like the silver-embroidered outfits, but they could stand to show a bit of leg :D

I'm new to BDO with its release in EU/NA so there's a lot I don't know about in the game, including the clothing you're asking about. If you can tell me where/how to get it I can take a look at it for you and see what can be done :)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Its a crafted costume from the Costume Mill.

I checked how much skin mesh is under the costume in standard game mode and there's none there, the entire body is clipped.
BXKeTDe.jpg

This means if you want to play your character with the costume modified to remove her pants then you're going to have to use the Abropo method so that her leg skin mesh is there.
I've done that for you here: AlchemistSkirt.7z
Just unzip the contents to your Resorep "modded" folder and you're good to go.
Hopefully the issue with skin poking through the clothing will be resolved soon. The mod itself shouldn't need any changes when that happens.
However, now that I own the costume too, I went ahead and modded it a bit further.

fHCVcH8.jpg

If you'd like to use this version instead, you can get it here: Alchemist.7z
Both versions are for use with the Abropo method.

Attachments

AlchemistSkirt.7z
820.1 KB · Views: 338

Alchemist.7z
535.6 KB · Views: 284

eyenight

Content Creator
I checked how much skin mesh is under the costume in standard game mode and there's none there, the entire body is clipped.
BXKeTDe.jpg

This means if you want to play your character with the costume modified to remove her pants then you're going to have to use the Abropo method so that her leg skin mesh is there.
I've done that for you here: AlchemistSkirt.7z
Just unzip the contents to your Resorep "modded" folder and you're good to go.
Hopefully the issue with skin poking through the clothing will be resolved soon. The mod itself shouldn't need any changes when that happens.
However, now that I own the costume too, I went ahead and modded it a bit further.

fHCVcH8.jpg

If you'd like to use this version instead, you can get it here: Alchemist.7z
Both versions are for use with the Abropo method.
Nice. However, alchemist clothes and other silver embroidered clothes files are on event_costume and each only has 1 pac file. That means it might be hard to fix skin poking through the clothing using partcutdesc.xml since it's not divided by upperbody, lowerbody, etc. I hope there will be some way to fix it.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've continued my work with Abropo's armor mod method.
The next package of mods is for the Valkyrie, which you can get here:
BDO Valkyrie Armor Mods
BDO Basebody Nudes

CIrno

Potential Patron
Heyo, first of all thanks for doing this as it really is fun.

I've run into a small problem that a 15second video will explain much better than I can :

I'm trying to permanently get that damaged armor/nude skin that pops up for a split second (on valk) before it gets replaced by a less damaged armor that comes from god knows where. Any idea what may cause that "overwriting"?

Cheers

abropo

Avid Affiliate

I've run into a small problem that a 15second video will explain much better than I can :

I'm trying to permanently get that damaged armor/nude skin that pops up for a split second (on valk) before it gets replaced by a less damaged armor that comes from god knows where. Any idea what may cause that "overwriting"?

Cheers

Are you using multiple textures of the same number? I see the one I edited and the one nicky had made conflicting with each other. While I did add the suffix "~Valkyrie1" to mine so it won't conflict in your file browser, they have the same prefix numbers so they will fuck each other over when using resorep.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

Cheers

Modded textures for the Valkyrie basic armors were included in the mods pack which you're using and they overwrite the damaged armor.
If you want to get the damaged armors back for the basic armor, open your Resorep "modded" folder and delete the following three files if they are in there:
916941136.dds
2346619357.dds
2520552530.dds

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.