Star Trek Online Nude Mods: "The Nudist Generation" Edition (5 Viewers)

juanmanuelt

Swell Supporter
This was fixed by Cryptic some time ago, but if you already have a costume it will stay, I personally think the mod has survived (even in bad shape) because it is only client-side, anything that is not client-side should stay out of the mod and this forum.

Dark_Messiah

Potential Patron
I do not wish to derail the conversation about the Nude Mod please don't get me wrong, if you know where I can look into this and ask questions about this let me know.

I have a question that has nothing to do with this mod, so to speak.
What do I need to get and learn to edit characters to have armors/tails they should not have?

Yesterday I was on Risa and saw a female ferasan using a full Female Orion set (not to mention those people who have aliens with catian ears and tails), I tried messing with the values of the .JPGs in the screenshot section using Notepad++ but the end result corrupts the .JPG and the game don't recognize it.

Anyone here is willing to at the very least point me to the right direction? Or at least point me someone who don't defend this knowledge like a cult member?
Any hint or idea may be helpfull :)

I'm well aware of those common and old replies about this, two examples are the "oh that was fixed"(there is always a way to edit software one way or another, I'm willing to find a way to do it), or that common reply about "I don't care about cat tails or glitched armors and neither should you" (making the post always devolve into something that has nothing to do with the original question in a effort to make people give up..while they use this knowledge for themselves).

I'm literally out of ideas where to ask this, because in-game people either ignore or give a lousy excuse to make me try to give up on this, in forums the conversations always devolve into attacks to one's tastes and on Discord people either truly don't know or they know and say stuff to make you go away disrespecfully.
View attachment 157086

Ok so, the way to do this is, to wait for the devs to make an update to the character creator, so far every time the character creator was updated, it completely broke and you could put stuff on characters you couldn't before, ofc this gets fixed relatively fast, but my friend at some point had a human with caitian ears and tail, and klingon armor sets. So, wait for a character creator/tailor update and hope it breaks again.

Another thing is, a mod that unrestricted the tailor but is currently patched so doesnt work anymore, or so i hear. There used to be a command as well which was removed by the devs.

example of a glitched tailor:

and now you will never unsee that.

SJSvdWalt72

Potential Patron
Welp, something in the latest updates just broke even just the barebones Texture Pack for me. Now the game just hard freezes on the Star Trek title screen with various logos (paramount etc.). But works fine the moment the textures are gone.

TheModderNoob

Potential Patron
This was fixed by Cryptic some time ago, but if you already have a costume it will stay, I personally think the mod has survived (even in bad shape) because it is only client-side, anything that is not client-side should stay out of the mod and this forum.
Was hoping you didn't confirmed that but thanks either way friend.
Ok so, the way to do this is, to wait for the devs to make an update to the character creator, so far every time the character creator was updated, it completely broke and you could put stuff on characters you couldn't before, ofc this gets fixed relatively fast, but my friend at some point had a human with caitian ears and tail, and klingon armor sets. So, wait for a character creator/tailor update and hope it breaks again.

Another thing is, a mod that unrestricted the tailor but is currently patched so doesnt work anymore, or so i hear. There used to be a command as well which was removed by the devs.

example of a glitched tailor:

and now you will never unsee that.

Thanks for the explaination bro. But the only problem is that what you tried to link/attatch to your post is not appearing, was it supposed to be?A image of the broken tailor?
red.png

And btw, what mod is this that you mentioned? The one that unrestricted the tailor, whats its name?

...allthough I'm gonna be totally honest, this would be way easier if they just sold everything in their store, it is clearely possible for characters to equip everything, even the borg eye implant from that romulan villain I forgot the name. Having the nude mod blocked/broken is one thing but these things are from in-game lol

annemarie

Casual Client
Welp, something in the latest updates just broke even just the barebones Texture Pack for me. Now the game just hard freezes on the Star Trek title screen with various logos (paramount etc.). But works fine the moment the textures are gone.
I have not had an issue. what were you doing when it glitched and froze?. you may have to force verify then reinstall the mod

annemarie

Casual Client
Was hoping you didn't confirmed that but thanks either way friend.

Thanks for the explaination bro. But the only problem is that what you tried to link/attatch to your post is not appearing, was it supposed to be?A image of the broken tailor?
View attachment 157435
And btw, what mod is this that you mentioned? The one that unrestricted the tailor, whats its name?

...allthough I'm gonna be totally honest, this would be way easier if they just sold everything in their store, it is clearely possible for characters to equip everything, even the borg eye implant from that romulan villain I forgot the name. Having the nude mod blocked/broken is one thing but these things are from in-game lol
it's not a mod. it was a glitch in the tailor

Arcess

2D Artist
3D Artist
Coder
Can't for the life of me remember where I got the original diffuse textures for this (largely because I wasn't a fan of the red crotch cover), but between GIMP and a hex editor (simply swapping out the contents of the dds file after the wtex header), managed to alter the colour mapping of the Iconian Resistance Suit.

upload_2.png

Files:
  • Upper diffuse (F_Uniformu_Armor_Resistence_01_D.wtex) - unchanged (from what I found)
  • Lower diffuse (F_Uniforml_Armor_Resistence_01_D.wtex) - recoloured pubic hair white so it could be changed in tailor instead of just black
  • Upper colour map (F_Uniformu_Armor_Resistence_01_C.wtex) - 2nd colour now only affects nipples
  • Lower colour map (F_Uniforml_Armor_Resistence_01_C.wtex) - 2nd colour now only affects pubes (they can be made white)
Should also be possible to use the diffuse textures from here (page 171) instead.

Attachments

Iconian Resistance Revised.7z
1.6 MB · Views: 78

Arcess

2D Artist
3D Artist
Coder
Had to use some tools to extract the chest model as .obj for the UV so I could edit textures in line with it, but...

Waist seam due to model (there are flaps that go over the legs that I hid), neck seam due to my lack of skill.

Note that textures are shared between genders so males will likely not look right.

Temporal Battlesuit:

upload_2.png

Files:
  • Upper colour map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_C.wtex) - edited from Iconian mod above per UV and channels shuffled, 2nd colour now only affects nipples, the rest ignored
  • Upper diffuse (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_D.wtex) - edited from Iconian mod above per UV
  • Upper normal map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_Nx.wtex) - edited from bare chest
  • Upper specular map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_S.wtex) - copied from bare chest
  • Upper E? map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_E.wtex) - made from scratch to remove the flaps around the waist
  • Lower colour map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_C.wtex) - copied from Iconian mod above, 2nd colour now only affects pubes (they can be made white)
  • Lower diffuse (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_D.wtex) - copied from Iconian mod above
  • Lower normal map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_Nx.wtex) - copied from bare legs
  • Lower specular map (M_Uniforml_X3_V2_01_S.wtex) - copied from bare legs
Alternative chest diffuse textures will require editing per different UV.

...and of course I just figured out my boffs can't wear this...

Attachments

Temporal Battlesuit Revised.7z
2.5 MB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.