Streets of Girls - Zako shooter game (8 Viewers)

DarkLight98

Writer
Amazing work! I haven't gotten to play it yet unfortunately but I still think it's awesome.
If possible, could you add Susan, Kaylee, Helena and Carol? Sorry about the image quality, using my phone.
1000016763.jpg

Attachments

• 1000016759.jpg
    1000016759.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 1000016764.jpg
    1000016764.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1000016765.jpg
    1000016765.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 36

Snow

Casual Client
Ah, thank you for replying. If your sprites had multiple frames for hit animations, could you implement that?

slayer

Master of this Domain
Amazing work! I haven't gotten to play it yet unfortunately but I still think it's awesome.
Thanks a lot! I hope you enjoy playing it, and if you can leave some feedback afterwards, that would be awesome!

If possible, could you add Susan, Kaylee, Helena and Carol? Sorry about the image quality, using my phone.
View attachment 158295

Here there are some images the AI created based off them. I may be able to integrate them into the game at next weekend:

Kaylee:
yFQv8fI.png

usmUnPK.png

1xFxc1H.png

D8QFMSA.png

Carol:
TnbW4xs.png

YORCPS3.png

2ckMmda.png

9dJQid3.png

Helena:
NLjsGqP.png

RIMR0KD.png

5P9V6NV.png

eyFnQee.png

Susan:
m0ltFbi.png

ZAHUE8n.png

ViTNHov.png

duhyiDn.png

slayer

Master of this Domain
Ah, thank you for replying. If your sprites had multiple frames for hit animations, could you implement that?
You are welcom!
If I have more than one "hit" sprite, I believe I can have the program choose one at random among them, yes.
EDIT: If you meant an animation with more than one sprite, then yes, it's even much easier that way.

Snow

Casual Client
Thanks again for replying. I can't promise anything, but I'd like to see if I can make an enemy for you with multiple frames of hit animation and you can play with it and test it out. It would be 3D, not AI, but I'll try to make it in the same basic style as these girls if possible. 640x640 with a transparent background is the size you need?

DarkLight98

Writer
Thanks a lot! I hope you enjoy playing it, and if you can leave some feedback afterwards, that would be awesome!

Here there are some images the AI created based off them. I may be able to integrate them into the game at next weekend:

Kaylee:
yFQv8fI.png

usmUnPK.png

1xFxc1H.png

D8QFMSA.png

Carol:
TnbW4xs.png

YORCPS3.png

2ckMmda.png

9dJQid3.png

Helena:
NLjsGqP.png

RIMR0KD.png

5P9V6NV.png

eyFnQee.png

Susan:
m0ltFbi.png

ZAHUE8n.png

ViTNHov.png

duhyiDn.png
Awesome, surprised they came out so soon!

slayer

Master of this Domain
Thanks again for replying. I can't promise anything, but I'd like to see if I can make an enemy for you with multiple frames of hit animation and you can play with it and test it out. It would be 3D, not AI, but I'll try to make it in the same basic style as these girls if possible.
That would be great indeed!

640x640 with a transparent background is the size you need?
So far, I've been using AI to create 1024x1024 PNGs and then resizing them 75% down to 768x768 - the game sprites are the latter size.

Awesome, surprised they came out so soon!
The implementation of girls via AI is rather quick. Photoshopping in the "pain" frame and importing them into the game takes a while longer.

G02A.png
G02B.png

Snow

Casual Client
OK, thank you for the clarification. I already made a rough with 8 hit frames and I think it's looking OK so far. I'll try to have it done tomorrow.

Snow

Casual Client
OK, here are the sample files I made. Again, this is mainly just a test to mess around with and see if a multiple hit frame animation would work for you. It's nothing amazing, but it was kinda fun to make and good practice. I make fantasy art almost exclusively, so I had very little modern content to work with...not even a good gun, so this one wields a sword. :) Anyway, I hope it can be of some use, even if only to help improve the game mechanics. Let me know if there are any problems.

Attachments

shooter_girl_3d.zip
3 MB · Views: 1,342

slayer

Master of this Domain
OK, here are the sample files I made.
Thanks! It look really good! I'll be with my computer in a few hours; I may create a dedicated level for the swordswoman and import the files there and share the results if you will. Oh, you may provide a background image if you want aa well.

jettmanas

Master of this Domain
Nice job w/even more ladies. Helena, Kaylee, Carol & Susan are hot. :smile:
Small detail- can you use the version of some wearing a watch? Thanks!

Sounds like a lot of work w/Photoshopping out the background. Wow, alt expressions for shot as well.
Nice job.

slayer

Master of this Domain
I'm impressed by the quality of the images.

I was wondering -- would it be possible to add one last frame; a "lying dead" one? Similar to the fifth hit maybe but limp. If you want it to look it that way while she blinks away, of course.

slayer

Master of this Domain
As soon as I'm able to, I'm creating Snow's experiment with the animated sprites. After that, I'll add the next batch of girls to the club level. Here is a pre selection of them, feel free to send feedback about them. Also, I may squeeze in a couple more zako in the next version, so if anybody wants to vote for a Streets of Girls zako to shoot up, feel free to do so.

fQrtB0y.png

5nVNPUo.png

CsGA6SO.png

64u0kfq.png

ynTDewo.png

EnAzd5y.png

i32ypuF.png

Snow

Casual Client
OK, I will make a lying flat pose shortly. I wasn't sure if there was a floor in your level, so I thought maybe she would blink away after that last falling frame in case there wasn't. If you're going to make a separate level for her, I will try to include a background that has a floor where she can land. Can you tell me what the dimensions of a background should be? Thanks for testing it out!

edit: attached frame 8.

Attachments

• shooter_girl_hit8.png
    shooter_girl_hit8.png
    128 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

slayer

Master of this Domain
The test seems to have been successful. If you want to feed me fantasy zako, I can replace the club girls in the code and have the fantasy level in no time. Again, thanks!

Z6q3IW3.jpeg

I7uOMNh.jpeg

IvXKXz5.jpeg

JomrZm0.jpeg

Snow

Casual Client
Oh, I'm glad it's working! Can you tell me the size of the background? I have a background ready that better fits the lighting of the girl, but I don't know what size to render it at the moment.

Making more girls isn't too difficult, but making new animations for them is. I will try to make a copy of this girl with different clothing and hair though. Also, can you make the game trigger different death sprites or animations depending on where the enemy is hit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.