Kristin

Writer
Author
But with some additional scenes! She didn't want to fight, she proposed to retreat before the battle started, but her leader didn't care and killed them all. She didnt look happy when she have seen the first corpses, she was the last on the battlefield. Beautiful, loyal and brave, she was casually riddled with bullets, but the soldiers over her body talked not about her but about the mission. Her leader left her to die and didn't mention her in the next scenes, her enemies left her on the ground... Sometimes it's easy to forget that this particular zako you like is still a zako, still expendable, still not the main boss. I remember, in another thread Amazon Shark poetically said she became another dead minion is a sea of dead minions. It's sad. For me, her death scene was a bit pathetic (and I really like it). Her lithe body, her last steps backwards, her fall. It looks like she died quickly (1-2 seconds), not instantly, but at least she didn't suffer for too long, which is good for her.
It's easy to feel sorry about her, watching the movie, and I do, but it also true that she deserved her bullets. Who knows how many people did she kill and could kill again. Her good qualities were making her even more dangerous. She should be killed, and she was. Her death was also a bit humiliating, because she had something to lose. She could offer to not fight, she could talk to their leader while everybody were standing and waiting. In death, she was deprived of herself and became absolutely identical to any other woman on the ground. Not the best end for the heroine of her own story.
View attachment 148869View attachment 148871View attachment 148870View attachment 148872
Yes! I love this interpretation!

I love that with zako that we do indeed forget that each one has their own story, and small moments such as asking for a retreat says enough about their character that we can make our own interpretations and assumptions of their personality and even imagine up our own stories about them.

For example, in the original Perfect Dark, you could disarm the enemies (obvious preference is the dataDyne female guards) and make them surrender, and they would often plead for their life and ask to not be killed. Sometimes it kind of adds that extra depth that they might want to be spared because they have a family, or they have something or someone they love that they want to live for. Even though I’d be the heartless bitch and kill them anyway. 😅

Kristin

Writer
Author
That's a solid enough basis. The key emphasis on them being combatants rather than harmless victims.
Exactly this.

For example, I would love to lead my own team of combatants of all different genders, but if I were to be leading a team of combatants to take down an evil organization, I feel like my team can still be considered zako as they are still just as expendable as the other.

Most certainly agree with JoanCujoh JoanCujoh says, if they’re not a combatant like a nurse or something, I don’t think that makes them zako. I feel like to be a zako, you have to be either willing to or be expected to bring harm to someone else to properly serve your leader, commander, captain, boss, whatever it might be - that your life is expendable to serve the needs of them or their beliefs.

Whether or not you’re actually capable or skilled enough to do that harm, that’s another story, which I’m sure many of us that enjoy the weak and “pathetic” zako as much as the skilled and strong ones can also understand. 😂

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
if they’re not a combatant like a nurse or something, I don’t think that makes them zako. 😂
Maybe they are not zako, but if somebody attacked the office full of chicks, and some of them took all weapons they could get to defend themselves, dead noncombatants on the floor would look similar to them, which I would like.
And a little what-if scenario. A group of girls wanted to join an evil organization in the day it was attacked. If they were killed with the others only because they were in that building, does it makes them zako? And even if not, is it important?

JoanCujoh

Master of this Domain
Maybe they are not zako, but if somebody attacked the office full of chicks, and some of them took all weapons they could get to defend themselves, dead noncombatants on the floor would look similar to them, which I would like.
And a little what-if scenario. A group of girls wanted to join an evil organization in the day it was attacked. If they were killed with the others only because they were in that building, does it makes them zako? And even if not, is it important?
well yes context is important, one is a hero fighting a office full of evil people, the other is a shootout with civilian death , you can like whatever but for me, that doesnt make it zako

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
An interesting way to use your female warriors. Look only the first two minutes.

One more scene at 0:50

these scenes in particular REALLY turned me on to loving this movie in addition to the concept. an entire corps consisting of lovely ladies! disappointed they didn't serve in the others, but the nature of the crane corps' fighting style compared to the others immediately turned me on. the male corps all had the relative safety of staying on top of the wall, so they wouldn't suffer much unless a monster managed to get up there or at least snag one of the soldiers off the top. but the BITCHES have to bungie jump again and again into the middle of the enemy horde just to stab what they could! this means they are in more immediate danger than the others. then again, it helps that they have half the population serving entirely in one division, so they have more potential fodder than the others. heck, i like to think that the cranes suffer many more losses in any given battle than the other divisions combined.

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
Generally, zako are nameless henchwomen who work for the leader in a story. They are generally prepared for combat situations but may also perform other tasks for whomever they work for. They are not innocent civilians caught up in a firefight, nor do they have to be evil or working for the bad guy. They are often dressed identically, in a uniform, though this isn't strictly required to be a zako. In a given story, we generally don't know much about them. They are a step above background characters/actors as far as most stories, movies, shows etc. are concerned. The intent is that the audience is not supposed to care about them as they are not the main or supporting characters and usually have little to no speaking roles. There are always many of them, or part of a larger group/organization.

JoanCujoh

Master of this Domain
for me, here the definition I have of Zako: female lesser enemy, can be (Henchwoman/right hand women/no name women/ men too since zako is genderless term/clones...), the only thing it doesnt really cover are non antagonistic characters and major antagonists (like evil babe)

thats why I'm seem kind of nitpicking, we had this definition for years and content like this post for years, but if the majority actually dont care..well good, I will not force my belief (about a fetish ha ha, weird when written XD) on the forum. It's supposed to be a safe space and it's normal that with time and new people, thing change :)

uniformedwomenuniverse

Swell Supporter
Hi,
Escape 2 premieres today on my You Tube channel.

You can buy the whole movie in my store:
Please read the description before purchasing. There are only two shooting scenes here. This is a movie based on a viewer's script.🥰

Secteur-X7

Club Regular

I think I have seen the trailer of this horror movie but though that all DS is whole body swallow by the giant snake and thus didn't pay attention. Now I have seen some clips and found that there are small snakes as well and also reasonable body view:

24:45-26:25 - The initial snake attack. Some fast/shaking scene of small snake attack and death scene.
30:00 - close up of a body
46:25-47:05 - Probably the best part. The group need to cross a corridor filled with small snakes and 4 bodies
1:06:45-1:10:25 - bits and pieces of dead bodies on the background, but most are far away and blur.

View attachment 148817View attachment 148818View attachment 148819View attachment 148820View attachment 148821View attachment 148822View attachment 148823

Thx for sharing ! enjoyed too the "make up" session at 09"45

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
So, let's see what do we have in the S1EP1 of the "Ahsoka" TV show.
There are 6 New Republic soldiers in the beginning of the movie. 2 of them are women. Here is the first one.
1 zako.png

She is the first woman to die. And the first human to die.
1 zako scene 2.png

You can see her wound
1 zako wound.png

And her butt when she falls
1 zako butt.png

She also lost her helmet when she fell.
Another woman is in another line, she is the last in this line. When the battle started and two guys before her were force pushed, she's can be seen here (right corner of the screen)
2 zako.png

She dies on the background, but you can see her wound
2 zako wound.png

And her dead body on the floor
2 zako corpse.png

The third death is here (no body, no more scenes, nothing)
gif-gif.145088

The kneeled officer (with a bigger blaster) is a woman. We can hear the female grunt, and I think, the body shapes are feminine, but it would be good to have a better resolution to be absolutely sure.
4 zako.png

This officer should be a woman too
5 zako.png

But when she dies we can hear the man screaming.
zako 5 death.png

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
So far so good. The not so secret ex-Imperial yard workers was a particularly nice scene. Aligned with a few leaks which popped up recently funnily enough.

Say what we will about Nu Wars, but some of these shows never shirk from showing nameless female baddies being bumped off. A very promising start. Hopefully we'll get more uniformed official lady Imperial types in upcoming episodes.

Edit
1692806574864.png

The stunt woman playing the blonde also has nice role as a topless zombie in Army of the Dead (2021)! I never got round to watching it.

Ezzy

Master of this Domain
Quick "Ahsoka" update. It looks like a woman from the gif
gif-gif.145088

survived. She can be seen later with her hand wounded
update.png

There is also a shrimp alien guy and a black woman are amongst the wounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.